Tosa Rector

The some time random but (mostly) theological offerings of a chatty preacher learning to use his words in a different medium.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The First Six Years

Last Friday, May 23, marked six years since I graduated from seminary. This week, I am back at the Virginia Theological Seminary with members of the graduating classes of 2002-2005. We are here to reflect upon our respective transitions into ordained ministry and to evaluate a program in which we were participants. The program (funded by the Lily Foundation) was designed to address issues common to clergy in their first few years of service to the church.

I always enjoy being back at VTS --I have many fond memories of this place. Virginia is beautiful in the late spring -- very lush and green. Yesterday was a great time of reconnecting with people, some of whom I haven't seen in several years -- as well as meeting some of the class of 2005 -- who came here the fall after my graduation.

I'm looking forward to this week's opportunities for worship, learning and conversation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home