Tosa Rector

The some time random but (mostly) theological offerings of a chatty preacher learning to use his words in a different medium.

Monday, March 10, 2008

Monday in the Fifth Week of Lent

Last week, I shared one of my favorite prayers from the Prayer Book with the folks who've been gathering every weekday morning during Lent to read Morning Prayer together. I was introduced to the prayer a dozen years ago...but it's not in a place that a person would readily find it. The prayer appears at the bottom of a page that is entitled: "Prayers for Use by a Sick Person". I think it's also a good one for people who are (by medical standards anyway) "healthy".

I share it with anyone reading these rambles in hopes that its straightforward wording will assist us in focusing our attention when we greet our days each morning:

This is another day, O Lord. I know not what it will bring forth, but make me ready, Lord, for whatever it may be. If I am to stand up, help me to stand bravely. If I am to sit still, help me to sit quietly. If I am to lie low, help me to do it patiently. And if I am to do nothing, let me do it gallantly. Make these words more than words, and give me the Spirit of Jesus. Amen. (BCP, page 461)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home