Tosa Rector

The some time random but (mostly) theological offerings of a chatty preacher learning to use his words in a different medium.

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Thursday in the Fifth Week of Lent

I've been working on sermons this afternoon -- attempting to get a jump on the Holy Week Homiletical Marathon that will begin on Palm Sunday (March 16). Six sermons/homilies in eight days -- sort of gets the revivalist in me revved! We'll see if that enthusiasm translates to any sort of coherence!

In other news, I finished reading Jim Palmer's second book, Wide Open Spaces today. I know I've already mentioned the book, but I thought I'd share a few lines from the end of the book. Palmer writes, "Once you wipe away all the religious labels, there are only two kinds of people in this world: those who are awake and those who are asleep." (p. 195)

That sentence made me wonder. Do our religious activities awaken us to the truth of God at work in the world about us and in our own lives? Or are we so worn out by those activities that we are spiritually numb?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home