Tosa Rector

The some time random but (mostly) theological offerings of a chatty preacher learning to use his words in a different medium.

Monday, March 28, 2011

Three Months

Since January I have...

Officiated at four funerals.
Had my soul shredded by
Senseless violence in Tucson.
Had my heart broken by images
Of tragedy and destruction from Japan.
Found myself utterly "caught up"
In Wisconsin political drama.
Been righteously infuriated by
Our national inability to bypass war.

I have also...
Learned anew the extent of
My powerlessness --
Against the Powers;
Against Death.

So what to do now?
Prattle on in sermons?
Or get a milkshake?
Rage against the Powers?
Or go shopping?
Shake my fist at Death?
Or lay down and die?
Pray like Hell?
Or fantasize about Heaven?

Not that simple!
You protest.
So do I.
But the question remains
What to do now?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home