Tosa Rector

The some time random but (mostly) theological offerings of a chatty preacher learning to use his words in a different medium.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

21st Lent

Now that I'm
Almost midway through
Another Lenten season
I can't help but ask myself,
"What's different?"

After living for thirty years
Without knowing of this holy time,
Lent is still a gift for me
Even if I don't readily see
Change.

I get distracted
By blue skies,
Warmer temperatures
Lengthening days and
My ever-present "Undone List".

Maybe the distractions are necessary fuel.
Maybe I find the fodder for
Reflection in them.
Jesus set his face like flint toward Jerusalem.
Can I wash my face and keep my fast?

I'm still learning the joys of Lent.
Thankfully, God has
All the time in the world and
All the patience of eternity
To help me understand my lessons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home